PEACE & DIGNITY PROJECT has a specific mission to
assist Proyecto Paz y Dignidad in their goals toward self-sustainable
development and for the specific proposals they may want to develop
(see Proposal). Peace & Dignity
Project strives to maintain the practice and preservation of tradition
and culture through the establishment of self-sustaining development.
The following points, given at the First International
Encounter in Quito, Ecuador (1990) are the overall points that Peace
& Dignity Project will strive for and toward in the future:
- We need to assert the defense and recuperation of our lands,
territories and other productive resources, as a base for an authentic
and legitimate cultural recovery.
- It is imperative to immediately recognize all of our individual,
political and cultural rights within national boundaries, with the
purpose of establishing judicial recognition of our struggles.
- We should concentrate more on developing bilingual and intercultural
educational alternatives, with the purpose of expressing the depth
of our demands.
- We cannot overlook the problems of communication; we need to
increase contact among ourselves and achieve effective dissemination
of information nationally and internationally.
- It is urgent that we protect and develop our spirituality and
source of knowledge; we cannot risk further manipulation. We must
develop strategies that give potential to the liberating aspects
of our culture.
- Finally, it is important that we have political alternatives
with a global vision, that seek not only the recognition of our
particular rights, but are a creation of governments free of exploitation.
This is the mission of Peace & Dignity Project. We are honored
to share it with you.
For more information,
contact our Director.
site is serviced and maintained by Cyber
©2001-2006 - all rights reserved.